Thứ Sáu, 8 tháng 4, 2016

What do pop stars have to say about the Mid-Autumn Festival?

My Linh: When I was a child, my family was very poor. My parents couldn't afford lanterns. I could only touch the drums, the running-horse lanterns, and the star-shaped lanterns in my dreams. During Mid-Autumn Festival celebrations, I ran after th other children, who carried their lanterns proudly an I marched in the streets. Today, I can afford Mid-Autumn Festival toys, but I am too old to celebrate. Each Mid-Autumn, I make up for my childhood wants by organising a merry party for my children.

My Linh singer
Hong Nhung: Whenever I think about Mid-Autumn Festivals, I recall the children's song, "The Star-Shaped Lantern" (Chiec den Ong sao). When I was small, I was a member of the San ca (Lark) Singing Team of the Ha I10i Children's Cultural Palace. I often welcomed the Mid-Autumn full moon with the other team members. Each of us received a small piece of baked moon cake and a segment of a half-ripe pomelo. I think that the atmosphere during Ha Mid-Autumn Festival is much more animated than in Ho Chi Minh City. When it comes to Mid-Autumn, I often feel a vague sadness and miss my home in Ha Noi.

Hong Nhung singer
Tran Thu Ha: My childhood room overlooked a pond of mu muong (a kind of green vegetable). The room was often dark during the day but especially bright on moonlit nights. 

Tran Thu Ha singer
During Mid-Autumn Festivals, I used to sit by the open window and watch the reflection of the moon in the pond. The scene was so wonderful, but I felt empty and lonely. As stubborn and mischievous as I was, I still felt like crying during those nights because I missed my mother, who had passed away.

Previous
Next Post »

.